Imagine we’re having coffee, dear friends…
Thank you so much for your feedback on my last post (Validation vs. Opportunity). I received some encouragement peppered with some good advice. My fear was that post would make me sound like I feel like I’m entitled. Which I most certainly don’t feel that way! We aren’t entitled to anything! We just ask questions and look for wisdom and encouragement along the path to our dreams. And that’s what I was given; wisdom and encouragement. So thank you for letting me share some feelings and for your gentle responses.
Along those same lines of that post, I’m in constant brainstorm of how my space on the internet can evolve, grow, offer more, and be even more creative and entertaining. If you have any ideas for me or if there’s something you’d like to see as far as content, please send me some feedback!
LINKS FOR YOUR WEEKEND
Here’s my WIRV (Week In Review Vlog) Wednesday from this week. It’s been my favorite WIRV so far – mainly because of the new, epic game of elbow ball, cursing because cutting an onion HURTS SO BAD, and Gracie’s face as she strolls through the mall wearing sunglasses (too cool for school, that kid).
I’m excited about another video I’m working on in collaboration with Houston Mom’s Blog. I’ve been filming and I’m pretty sure it’s going to be hilarious. I’m saving the secrets for later, making me one of those vague bloggers you can’t stand. haha? But I can’t wait until it’s finished so I can show you!
– If you’ve missed any of my Houston Moms Blog posts, you can find them here to catch up reading if you like.
– This post is written specifically for actors, but I think it’s encouragement that applies to all creatives: “…the consistent practice of meditation, connected exercise, writing, acting in one form or another that doesn’t require someone else’s permission to do it, or volunteering (or anything that gets you out of yourself and in the spirit of generosity), creates a full life, keeps you connected to yourself and the world around you, and makes you a better actor.
– I’m OBSESSED with the Aerial America series from The Smithsonian Channel. Everything is filmed from the air and makes me want to sell everything, buy an RV, and travel the country so I can see this stuff for myself. First stop, the Pacific Coast Hwy because that view is gaw-geous!
– This letter in response to adoptive parents being forced to prove the legitimacy of their family to medical facilities was so well written and I applaud every bit of it!
– I may have geeked out more than I should have when I heard that Lisa Kudrow played Smelly Cat with Taylor Swift at Taylor’s LA concert. I mean, after all I have learned a lot from Phoebe Buffay over the years and I’m imaginary bffs with Lisa Kudrow.
– I hope I’m this youthful whenever I’m in my 80s!
Have a great weekend, friends! Don’t forget to give me your feedback about the type of content you’d like to see me focus on more!