Yesterday Aaron and I celebrated 3 years of wedded bliss. We are celebrating on Friday with a fancy date but we got each other a tiny little something to hold us over until then.
My gift for Aaron was pretty small, inexpensive, and a cinch to make. I made it from an idea that I found on pinterest. It may not have been something fancy but it was made from the heart with love. That’s what matters.
I filled the deck of cards with 52 reasons why I love my wonderful husband. This is only a fraction of why I love that man. The list is eternally long. But for this project I narrowed it down to 52.
I tried to include things he does for me, how he makes me feel, funny stuff, spicy stuff, but I also wanted to make sure that I put things in there that I love about him…about his character. Because it’s not always about how he makes me feel; it’s about who he is. And I wanted to let him know that I love him for who he is.
I want to encourage you. You don’t have to have a deck of cards or make anything fancy, but sit down and write down 52 things you love about your spouse. Big things, small things, silly things, sexy things, funny things, sweet things. Don’t worry about how great your writing is and don’t analyze it, just write. Write from your heart. Then sit down and read these things to each other. It’s a beautiful thing to show your appreciation and share your love for your spouse.
UPDATE: I’ve had a lot of feedback on this post. I’ve created a list of supplies I used to make this project. You can also browse through the comment section to see if I answered your question. If not, ask away!
- Deck of Cards: Bicycle brand from the game section at Target
- Binder Rings: Office Depot brand. I haven’t been able to find them online. The only colored ones I could find on Office Depot’s website are these.
- Cover paper: CrystalWilkerson.com. Used photoscape to type title then printed on cardstock (can also use line tool in Photoscape to make lined paper)
- Cover font: Ostrich Sans from The League Of Moveable Type
- Cover label corner rounder: Fiskars Heritage punch from Michael’s
- Inside labels: Avery Address Labels 5160
- Labels made in: Microsoft Office Word
- Inside labels font: Pea Sandra Dee from Fonts for Peas
- Gift box: It’s the box my business cards came in. Here’s some other options from The Container Store.
Latest posts by Hannah (see all)
- Our adoption tshirt fundraiser RESULTS!! - December 3, 2013
- What I learned in November - December 1, 2013
- Coffee Chat :: Bunk beds, drum sets, and the truth about Santa Claus - November 26, 2013